The best kids ski helmet is the one that safely and comfortably fits your kid. More importantly, the helmet should offer maximum protection to your kid.
However, as much as you need to get the ski helmet, finding one can be a problem in a current saturated market with several fake helmets in it.
To help with this, we have done intensive research and come up with:
1. 3 best kids ski helmet for you to choose from
2. Types of Ski Helmets available
3. Toddler, Teenager, Pre-teen, and Youth Ski Helmets
What to seem for during a Kid’s Ski Helmet
All these are aimed at helping you find the ideal helmet for your kid.
So, let’s start!
Top 3 Best Kids SKI Helmet Review
1. Retrospec Traverse H1 Convertible Ski Helmet
This is arguably the kid’s ski helmet in the market simply because it is a universal, convertible type of helmet. This helmet is suitable for bike, snowboard, and ski use thanks to its universal design.
The good thing is that this helmet has passed the severe safety test, thus assuring quality protection at all times.
Made with heavy-duty materials, its ABS hard exterior can offer ultimate save against bruises and bumps, thus making it a durable design and ideal choice.
Another useful feature of this hat is that it will keep your kid’s head warm during snowboarding. It is also available in a wide range of colors to suit your preference and taste.
Other unique features of this helmet include:
1. 10 Vents. This feature aid in ensuring the ultimate temperature is kept. Keeping your baby’s head fresh is one of the most important things that will ensure it stays in her head.
Therefore, this headpiece can also wick away moisture thanks to the vents that enhance air ventilation
2. Padded Cushion. This feature is aimed at providing a comfortable and secure ride for your kid. It is secured on the soft nylon chin strap
3. ErgoKnob Adjustable Dial. For a comfortable fit, this feature plays a significant role. This is simply because it allows you to tighten and loosen the in-built framework with just one hand
4. Removable Plush Earmuffs & Goggle Clip. The headpiece also comes with these two features that are designed for it.
The goggle clip allows you to attached the eyewear while skiing and both of them are designed to provide warmth and protection
5. This hat also comes with a certified EPS interior and ABS exterior. They are both essential in providing you with superior protection as well as top-line quality comfort
1. The headpiece can adjust to different sized heads since it comes with adjustable pads
2. It provides you with adequate warmth to your head and ears
3. It provides you with a comfortable and secure fit thanks to its adjustable harness system
4. It is an excellent quality that fits well
1. You should expect to have little sweat build up around your head, and that’s the cost of having a warm head and ears. But it’s worth it
2. TurboSke Ski Helmet
Hey, are looking for an excellent quality snowboarding helmet that is lightweight and audio compatible? If so, then this is the ideal choice for you.
First, this helmet has a certified safety rating after undergoing a rigorous safety test. Secondly, for the helmet that is to be used for winter sports, it should meet specific safety standards like USA ASTM F-2040, and this headpiece meets the standards too.
TurboSke Ski helmet is also available in a limited range of colors, unlike the Retrospec Traverse H1 that is available in a wide range of colors.
Furthermore, it is a super comfy, durable headpiece adorned with several special features that makes it the ultimate choice for you.
CERTIFICATION: USA ASTM F-2040
Those features include:
2. Removable Padding. The padding included in this headpiece is premium design; thus, they are comfortable and supportive. Furthermore, it encourages several hours of wear since they are super comfortable
3. Adjustment Dial. This sizing feature allows you to have a comfortable, snug fit headpiece regardless of your head size
4. Integrated Ventilation. This headpiece is designed in a way that the air vents can allow air circulation in both goggles and the entire headpiece space
5. Audio Compatible. The headpiece ear pad comes with a built-in audio storage slot that is compatible with all aftermarket headpiece audio systems
1. It is a snug fit and comfortable design and can stay in your head for several hours continuously
2. It is built to last and comes with quality controls
3. It is a lightweight design thus can fit both your little “Kim” or “Jimmy”
4. It is one of the few quality headpieces with enhanced audio compatibility
5. Comes with an advanced dial fit system for custom fitting
6. Its pricing is right on point since it is a relatively cheap type
1. The protection features may be a bit loose
3. BERN Bandito EPS Winter Helmet
Bern has designed a variety of ski helmets that are suitable for both summer and winter. These helmets are also available in different colors, pricing, and sizes.
Bandito EPS Winter Helmet is one of the snow helmets designed by Bern for preteens. Bern’s original visor shape inspired the styling design for this helmet.
It is a lightweight, yet sturdy construction thanks to EPS Thin shell technology used when crafting this helmet. It is also a certified design that assures the ultimate save for both bikers and snowboarders.
The winter model is fitted with a winter liner that helps in keeping your baby’s head and years warmer while snowing.
CERTIFICATION: EN 1077B and ASTM F 2040 as well as EN 1078 and CPSC standards
1. BOA Adjustable Fit system. This feature plays a significant role in ensuring the headpiece fits comfortably. The adjustable fit system allows you to loosen or tighten your kid’s headpiece
2. Cold Weather Liners. This feature works together with a Replaceable Thin shell to help in providing a warm and comfy headpiece
3. ABS Shell Lined with EPS Foam. These two are used in watts to make a certified, robust, and lightweight lid that fits bike and snow
4. EPS Hard Foam & ABS Shell. These features are essential in providing premium protection, even in a low-profile design
5. Moisture-Controlling Liner. To avoid making your head stuffy and sweaty, this liner helps prevent moisture buildup by improving air circulation as well as absorbing moisture. This is essential in ensuring your kids feel great and comfortable in it
1. It easy to add the drop-in wireless audio chips and PDW bike light
2. This design perfectly fits the snow skiing sport really well
3. It features excellent moisture-control capabilities which makes the headpiece tolerable for long-time wearing
4. Provide optimum warmth to both your head and ears
5. It is a compatible audio design and more importantly supports wireless connections
1. It is relatively expensive, unlike several other similar designs
What to Seem for during a Best Kids Ski Helmet?
Choosing the right kid’s ski helmet can be a very challenging task simply because there are things you need to consider while purchasing it. These things are the ones that you may need or expect your helmet to have or offer.
So, what should you look for in a kid’s ski helmet? To answer this we will have to also learn how to choose a ski helmet for kids.
So, let’s start!
Before you commit to buying either of the above headpieces, first you should know the right size you want. To do this, you will have to measure your or your kid’s heads.
So, simply take a soft measuring tape and wrap it around your forehead to the back of your head. After that, read the circumference measurement of your head in centimeters or inches.
Note: The tape should be 1 inch above your eyebrows.
After this, you can now move to the next step.
Some do argue that safety comes first when looking for a headpiece. But for me, I disagree with this: why?
Because having a less fitting headpiece with excellent safety features won’t be of any help at all. So, always start with size then safety. Therefore, look for safety features like;
1. MIPS technology (Multi-directional Impact Protection System). This is a system designed to protect against angled impacts
2. SPIN technology (Shearing Pads Inside). i.e. POC Obex spin which is unique internal padding intended to support your head in case of a fall. Specifically, it lessens rotational forces when you fall
Overall, the headpiece should meet all set safety standards and should be certified.
Also, don’t forget to checkout our helicopter helmet!
Fit is the third important thing to consider. Keep in mind that a less fitting headpiece will not do its job well.
Always look for a headpiece that offers snug fitting and has an adjustable harness that allows you to set your custom sitting. They say a helmet that fits 90+% of the drill is a quality helmet.
Overall comfort as well as look
After considering all the above factors, now it’s time to get what suits your kid or you. Just like a comfy headpiece will stay on your child’s head for long, a headpiece that your child likes will also remain in his or her head.
Remember, comfort and looks are two different things, but they all go hand in hand, they complement each other. So, you can pick your kid’s favorite color but it should have quality comfort features.
Try It on and do a Shake Test
Sometimes we might have done all the above things right, but after ordering and receiving the package, there are two things you need to do immediately.
These things will help you know if you have chosen the right ski helmet for your child.
Start by trying it on. Remember a headpiece that snugly fits all-around your kid’s head is a properly fitting headpiece. If the headpiece has excess space around your kid’s head, then it isn’t the right size for your kid.
Also, pay attention to pressure points, they should be seamless and gentle.
Let’s do a shake-test now. So, hold the headpiece with both hands while on your head, move your hand up, down, and sideways.
For this, the skin in your head should move with the headpiece, but if your headpiece moves freely in your kid’s head it can be a problem.
You can also put it on and shake your head, and if the headpiece shakes around your head, then it isn’t the right fit.
Teenager SKI Helmet
Outdoor Master KELVIN SKI Helmet
Built to offer comfort and safety, Outdoor Master KELVIN is a top-quality helmet that is certified and with adjustable size. It features a robust shell that makes it durable and ideal for skiing sports. The available designs are not only for teenagers but also for grown men and women.
The brand is also available in 9 different aesthetic colors for you to choose from, and to make it even better, all are in a matte finish.
CERTIFICATION: ASTM Certified for Safety
1. Features Shock-Absorbing EPS Core that plays a major role in reducing the impact of hard hits or falls on your or your kid’s head.
2. Adjustment dial. This feature helps in size adjustment for a snug fit wear.
3. It also features a removable inner fleece liner and ear pads, thus making it easy to clean or wash.
4. Super-vents. Your kid can complete several hours of skiing since this model is equipped with 4 individual vents. These vents are designed to offer superior ventilation.
1. It is elegant and easy to clean
2. It is certified for safe
3. It is a snug fit design
4. Offer premium comfort and protection
5. It can also be a good fit for the long head
1. Cannot be used in motorized or paddle bike
Preeteen SKI Helmet
Gonex Ski Helmet
Gonex Ski Helmet is a windproof skiing winter helmet that is designed for men, women, and kids.
The good about this helmet is that it always comes with several essential accessories. These accessories include a protective cover, a storage bag, and a cleaning cloth.
CERTIFICATION: CE and ASTM F2040-11Certificated
1. Durable Hard Shell. It can withstand hard hits this offering protection for your head thanks to an in-mold poly-carbonate
2. EPS interior. The shock absorbent interiors act as anti-shock protection
3. It features an adjustment dial which is located at the back of the neck. This feature ensures a perfect fitting of the helmet
1. Can be unlocked quickly since it comes with a one-click buckle
2. Removable and washable lining
3. Its removable visor is top quality since they provide the best peripheral vision
4. It is a certified high-quality type of helmet
5. It comes with several accessories that ease its usability, maintenance, and storage
6. It is a ventilated warm helmet
1. A few customers have complained about unattached ear flaps
Toddler SKI Helmet
Lucky Bums Toddler Best Kids Ski Helmet
If you are planning to take your toddler out for skiing, then the best kids ski helmet for him or her is Lucky Bums Toddler Kids. It is a high-quality, lightweight, comfortable, and durable helmet.
This helmet features an impeccable design that is perfect for snowboarding sports. Also, it is a quite cheaper design despite it being equipped with several high-end quality features. The Lucky Bums helmets are available in five different colors.
CERTIFICATION: CE certified
1. Durable Helmet: It is a molded helmet where EPS liner has been fused to the inner shell of the helmet
2. Comfortable and Lightweight Design: The fusing of EPS liner to the inner shell make it work as one unit thus reducing weight as well as making it comfortable
3. Super Soft Ear Pads. This feature ensures that your toddler’s ears are comfortably covered and protected from the cold while skiing
4. Integrated vents. This helmet is also adorned with a quality vent system located at the top of the helmet. This helps maintain optimum temperature hence making it comfortable
1. This type is an ideal type for beginners. This is simply because it is a quick and simple design that can be operated with your toddler
2. It is a snug-fitting type that offers reliable protection to your toddler
3. In case you receive a problem after purchasing it, the product can be replaced easily and immediately
4. Since it weighs less than a pound makes it ideal for almost all if not all toddlers
5. It fits well with goggles since the front of the helmet is designed to be high, thus leaving enough space
1. Despite fitting well with goggles, the font spacing can leave the majority of the forehead exposed if your kid isn’t wearing glasses
Youth Best Kids SKI Helmet
Smith Optics Holt Jr. Youth Ski Helmet
This snowmobile headpiece is one of the priced headpieces in the markets. What makes it stand out are its quality safety features and its sturdy shell that can hold hard hits.
Despite, not having some ultimate quality features like the high-end models that cost up to $200+, this headpiece boasts a bombshell construction that offers quality protection without sacrificing comfort.
The helmet is adorned with several unique features to enhance its performance. It is also available in a wide range of colors, giving you adverse collections to choose from.
CERTIFICATION: Astm F 2040, Ce En 1077:2007 Class B, Cpcs, Ce En 1082
1. Adjustable Dial Fit System. For a headpiece to be a comfortable and secure fit, this feature should be included. This feature allows you to adjust (tighten or loosen) the headpiece for it to be comfortable on your kid’s head
2. Airevac Ventilation. This features aids in ensuring air reaches all parts of your child’s head while wearing it
3. Furry Tricot Lining. Help prevents moisture from building around your heads as well as providing a snug fit feeling
4. Removable Goggle Lock. This allows for easy integration with several types of goggles
5. Bombshell Ear Pads. This pad is not only warmer but also super soft
1. This designs snugly fit
2. It is a relatively lightweight design weighing about 19oz/ 550grams only
3. It has an adjustable internal size and fits well to medium youth size
1. Comes with a long chin strap
What Types of SKI Helmets are there?
Construction type is the base that defines the types of helmets available. As a result, there are three main construction types of ski helmets, namely;
1. In-mold – For lightweight designs
2. ABS – For robust designs
3. Hybrid – For a + b
a) Hybrid & In-mold
These two types involve molding together the EPS foam liner and thin shell right from the start. The result is a helmet that absorbs impacts relatively well by both materials working as a single unit.
Hybrid and in-mold technologies are mostly found in the high-end and mid-range headpiece. Also, the model is known to have a quality ventilation system, but its effectiveness depends on the price.
Unfortunately, the downside of the in-mold models is durability. They are more susceptible to damage in the case of dents and dings. But when it comes to Hybrid helmets, they are improved models of in-mold and thus have better aesthetic durability.
ABS helmets are known to be the type of helmets when it comes to durability. This is because they utilize the traditional style when making this helmet, which involves a foam liner being glued to the inside of a hard plastic shell. The resulting product here is generally a sturdy design.
Unfortunately, they are heavy, bulky, and even may look cumbersome when you do a side-by-side comparison with the other two construction types.
However, if you are looking for a sturdy headpiece that can take hard hits and still maintain shape as well as serve its purpose, then ABS should just get your covered.
Overall, what you choose will depend on your liking as well as the condition of the place you set to go skiing. The budget is also another factor that will determine what type and design you are going to choose.
Besides all that, what you need to keep in mind is, have a set of things to look for or features that you will like your favorite pick to have, then shop best kids ski helmet.
If you have a problem measuring your helmet you can also learn a few tips by checking out how to measure head for helmet article here.