You should be well aware of the fact that proper face and eye protection are extremely critical when you are involved in a welding project.
To make sure that you don’t have to indulge in a difficult situation by not wearing a welding helmet, you must understand how important it is to wear a welding helmet.
You also need to get information on the best budget welding helmets, which are of good quality to keep you away from any severe consequences while handling welding projects.
A Quick Look at Our Favorites of 2021
1. Miller 251292 Welding Helmet – Best Overall
2. Instapark ADF GX990T Welding Helmet
3. Antra AH6 Budget Welding Helmet – Best Value
4. Tanox ADF-206S Welder’s Helmet
5. AUDEW Budget Welding-Helmet
6. TACKLIFE Solar Power Auto Darkening Welding Helmet
7. YESWELDER LYG-M800H Welding Helmet
8. DEKOPRO Solar Powered Welding Helmet
9. FOOWOO Solar Powered Auto Darkening Welding-Helmet
10. Honeywell Fibre-Metal Pipeliner Fiberglass Welding Helmet
It is vital to know that the selection of the wrong helmet can be as fatal as not wearing a welding helmet. For this purpose, you need to get proper information on different kinds of best budget welding helmets, which are available in the market so that you can choose a suitable one with good enough quality and affordable pricing.
This quick guide is worth reading to know about suitable and best budget welding helmets, as we will talk about the three best budget helmets at an affordable pricing limit.
It is important for you to get transparent and honest reviews so that you can feel more satisfied and confident while choosing a welding helmet having good enough performance and quality.
We also have a detailed review on Best Kids SKI Helmet in case if you want to check that out!
What To Look For In A Budget Welding Helmet
This guide is going to be beneficial for you to make a final decision in purchasing one of the best budget welding helmets available in the market.
Sometimes, we hear about large and famous brands, but their products do not provide great quality, whereas sometimes there are brands, which are not yet reputable, but they come up with better pricing and quality.
That’s why it is crucial to have a look at all aspects in a brief manner so that you end up with the best choice. You must remember when you purchase other various items; the safety of yourself may have nothing to do with those products, so you can buy any of them.
But when it comes to purchasing a welding helmet, you cannot ignore the importance of taking a detailed review to know, which helmet is going to keep you safe.
Your safety should be the first priority in this regard and we understand this. That’s why we have developed this detailed review to give you an idea of everything related to welding helmets.
We are not only going to talk about specifications, FAQs, etc. related to welding helmets, but we will also make things easier for you to make a choice by giving a detailed review of three welding helmets.
In these product reviews, we will talk about the three best welding helmets, along with their pros and cons.
So, don’t leave reading the next portions of this detailed review.
Best Budget Welding Helmet Review 2021
There are so many options in terms of selecting welding helmets in the market, but here we review three considerable products for you to get a clear idea:
1. Jackson Safety Insight Variable Auto Darkening Welding Helmet
Every brand tries to attract customers by developing a better perception in their mind, and Jackson Safety Brand has done it by developing a great brand tagline to attract the attention of customers, which is written as “Be Smart. Be Safe. Be Sure”.
This tagline has all three major elements for a welding helmet, which a customer may look to get. The customers would love to have a welding helmet, which is not only smart with its technology but safe as well.
And when they wear it for their welding projects, they can be sure that they are wearing a welding helmet, which would keep them safe from any severe consequences.
The company has made this quality welding helmet, which is not only perfect for your budget but is also a great fit for your professional needs.
It has a variable auto-darkening filter, which makes life easier for you during the welding project. It has an ultra-lightweight shell along with digital controls, which are quite easy to use.
If you purchase this helmet, you are going to get full value for your money. In the first instance, it may look to be a simple welding helmet, but you must keep this thing in your mind that it is more than just a simple welding helmet.
Once you purchase this helmet and put it on to handle your welding project, your perception of this helmet will be completely changed in so many ways. It has a beautiful blue exterior giving it a premium look. It comes with a strong material, which is very effective in handling a variety of welding projects.
You need to look at a few best features of this welding helmet one by one so that you can get a clear picture. So, here are some considerable features given below:
- Very often, the welding helmets, which come up with digital controls, their control panel, and handling is very complex, and difficult to understand for the users. But this is not the case with this welding helmet, because its digital controls are quite easy to understand and use.
- The sensors are very important for any welding helmet, and this helmet stands out from other helmets in the market with its 4 independent sensors, which work very efficiently.
- Out of these four sensors, each one works independently, which means that the operator can use it to weld any areas with 100% accuracy and performance.
- The variable shade for this welding helmet comes with a ratio of 9 to 13 so that you can adjust it as per your requirements.
- It comes with extremely reliable and effective darkening function so that your eyes remain safe from any damage which can be caused by the flash.
- The other wonderful thing about this helmet is your protection from infrared rays and ultraviolet rays because it has a unique and quality design of lens.
So, if you are going to use a welding helmet personally for welding projects, or you have a team of employees to handle your welding projects, and you are required to provide them a strong and effective welding helmet, then Jackson Safety Insight Variable Auto Darkening Welding Helmet is one of the best choices to make.
2. Metal Man ATEC8735SGC 9-13 Variable Shade Professional Auto-Darkening Welding Helmet, Techno Skull
Metal Man Company has always tried to produce a state of the art welding helmets with great quality, efficiency, and performance. The company came up with a series of Techno Skull Welding Helmets, and this Metal Man ATEC8735SGC helmet is basically an upgraded version of the Techno Skull series.
The helmet comes with wonderful graphics along with features of the upgraded lens. The primary feature of this wonderful helmet is that it is a solar-powered helmet, which comes with replacement batteries. There are four arc sensors, which help to achieve greater efficiency.
Metal Man ATEC8735SGC is one of those helmets, which is specially made for those, who are new to the field of welding.
The people who are getting training for welding, and getting hands-on practice, can use this helmet for their safety. The variable shade control of 9 to 13 is a great feature along with an auto-darkening lens.
The beauty of its headgear is that it can be adjusted to get comfortable usage. This adjustment can be made with 5 different points.
Its shade control function is extremely efficient because it helps in prevention darkening, especially when grinding is in process.
The helmet gets more valid to be used as it has been approved by CSA and ANSI. It means that it is not only a great helmet to use, but it is also safe and efficient for the users.
- The four arc sensors of this helmet are very efficient in performance, so when even the lens is blocked by any kind of object during the work, still, it will help to darken the lens as per requirements for smooth working
- If there is an electric arc, it will come up with the fastest response to the coming light, which means that your eyes will be safe while handling plasma applications, MMA, MIG, and TIG
- This helmet can be easily adjusted and optimized for a variety of uses in several welding projects
- It comes with 2 years brand warranty so you can spend your money with peace of mind that you are covered for the next 2 years in case it comes up with any fault
- The lens used in this helmet is wide enough to easily have a look at the work area, without missing any important part
- It comes with an efficient grind mode along with a washable and removable sweatband so that you can easily deal with sweatiness at work
- It is powered by solar, so you can use it with its two replaceable batteries, even when there is no power available
- It is made with hard plastic, which is strong enough to stay fit for a longer period
- The function of auto-darkening is great to get a clear and safe vision of the working area
- The best part of this helmet is that you can use it with both solar, as well as, batteries, which is not offered by every other helmet on the market
- It is one of the high-quality helmets, which comes with shell graphics
- If you use it with its Grind mode, the face is protected by its thicker lens
- If you are faced with a sudden arc flash, which is very strong; this helmet has 4 arc sensors, which would help to get instant darkening in a matter of seconds
- This Metal Man ATEC8735SGC is made for entry-level welding projects, so if you are looking to use it for heavy-duty steel projects, then it is recommended to look for another option because it is not suitable for heavy-duty projects
- The precise switching of lens from 9 to 13 may not be achieved as efficiently to get more dark or light gradations
3. Huntsman – W20 490P Fiber Shell Welding Helmets 4W20 490P Fiber Shell Welding Helmets
The choice to make in terms of welding helmets for a variety of welding project is not an easy one, because so many products are available in the market. It is hard to choose a suitable one, which not only fits with professional needs but also cheap enough in terms of affordability.
An expensive helmet may have everything to enjoy for a welding helmet, but it is not easy for everyone to buy those premium high-quality helmets.
So, when it comes to an affordable price with some good performance, this Huntsman – W20 490P Fiber Shell Welding Helmet series is a considerable choice for a variety of reasons.
It is important to keep in mind that this helmet is made with recycled fiber content up to 10%, which means that it is not suitable for a damp environment.
This helmet comes with a quick slide overhead filter plate, which is good to be used for tighter work environments as it provides good resistance.
It does not come with a big lens, but still, its lens is good enough to have a clear view of the work area.
- The grinding is enabled with this helmet along with having a clear seeing ability, before starting the welding process, so it works like a helmet, which has an auto-darkening function
- It is durable enough to handle all kinds of professional welding projects and its user can feel safe while wearing it during the welding process
- It provides good enough quality, clear view, and safety, which can be expected from a helmet in this price range
- It is not as low price as there may be other welding helmets in the market, but it’s certainly an affordable helmet at affordable prices
- It comes with good enough quality and performance for welding tasks
- It is a durable welding helmet, which has lens flips
- It is a bit heavier in weight as compared to various other welding helmets, so a person may get tired by wearing it for long hours
- Its lens is small in size
- Its lens are passive shades, which may not provide optimum performance
4. Best Welding Helmet Under $100 Reviews
When you are looking to buy the best budget welding helmet, and that too with good enough durability, quality, and performance; it is not an easy task to accomplish.
You not only want to ensure your safety while working, but you also want to save some bucks while buying a welding helmet as you don’t want to blow your money away with a wrong choice.
When you turn to online information to get reviews on welding helmets, a lot of mixed reviews are available on the internet, which keeps you confused to make a final decision.
But there is no need to worry anymore because we have done all the hard work for you, so here we give a brief review of the top 3 best budget welding helmets under the price tag of $100. Here is the list for you:
1. Antra Auto-Dark Welding Helmet – Under $100
You have been purchasing various other items for your welding project, and when you reached a point to purchase a welding helmet, you came to know that your budget is too slim at the moment.
It is a time, when you may wonder, what to do, and how to get a good value for money by having an affordable welding helmet under $100.
There is no need to worry because here it comes up the Antra Auto-Dark Welding Helmet under $100, which is the best welding helmet in this price tag.
Even though it is a cheaply priced welding helmet, but still, it is a good one to provide good protection during the welding tasks.
One of the best things about this helmet is that it is a solar-powered welding helmet, so you should not worry about the power of batteries running out. It comes with eight shades along with an auto-darkening lens.
It is one of the comfortable helmets because it is extremely lightweight so you don’t feel tired working with this for long hours.
2. DEKOPRO Welding Helmet – Under $100
It is another budget-friendly welding helmet for those, who are looking to save some bucks or don’t have enough money to buy expensive premium quality welding helmets. It is equipped with a shade variability which has a range from 9 to 13.
Its screen is good enough to view the work area because it comes with a standard size.
The features are in this helmet are not much, but it is quite a useful helmet with minimal features. The light conditions with this helmet cannot be too favorable because enough shade variability is not offered with this helmet.
The primary and attractive feature of this helmet is that it is solar-powered, which means that you can save some power of your batteries.
So, when it comes to affordable solar-powered helmets with a low-end price, it is one of the considerable choices.
However, you should also keep in mind that it does not provide full darkness during welding, and its shade variability can also be poor, so don’t expect premium kind of features in this price range.
3. YESWELDER Auto Darkening Welder’s Helmet – Under $100
If you are just getting started with the field of welding, and you are looking to use a helmet for entry-level welding projects for training purposes, then YESWELDER comes up with this auto-darkening helmet at a cheap price.
It has a large viewing screen along with 4 sensors so that your working process remains clear and smooth.
It has been observed that its sensors are a bit inconsistent, so you will not exactly know how much protection is there for you. The lens problems have also been observed with some models.
Still, it is a good entry-level helmet at a low-end price for entry-level users of the welding projects.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Here are some of the Frequently Asked Questions, which may always come to your mind, while looking for the best budget welding helmet:
A) What is the Best Welding Helmet for the Money?
As an entry-level, professional, or experienced welder, you must understand that a lot of risks are involved with the welding job.
That’s why it is necessary for you to understand what kind of equipment is needed to remain safe during the welding tasks.
The welding helmet is one of that equipment, which you should use while handling any kinds of welding tasks. It not only helps you to work effectively but also as safely as your face and eyes are protected by the helmet.
So, it is worth spending some money on purchasing a good quality welding helmet. The best value for your money is not an average quality helmet; rather you should purchase a helmet, which has premium features to ensure your safety at the work.
It means that money should not be the point of focus; rather you should look to spend enough money so that your helmet comes with full protection for you.
If you will try to save some money in this decision, then such a decision can be fatal for you while working on welding projects.
B) How do I Choose a Welding Helmet?
If you are looking to purchase a welding helmet, then you should keep a few points in your mind. First of all, make a choice in terms of different features because these features will determine the price of your welding helmet.
The first thing is the selection of lens; do you want an auto-darkening lens or a passive lens. It all depends on your choice and requirements.
Moreover, you should decide, whether you want variable shades or fixed shades. You should choose shades as per your comfort level. The other things to deicide id sensors; the welding helmets come up with 2, 3, or 4 sensors, and you can choose the one with your affordability and requirement.
One other vital thing to choose is the viewing size. Some of you may prefer the standard size, and some may like to use a wide sized helmet. The last but the most important thing is to look for the best safety features as more safety features mean more protection for you.
C) What Welding Helmet has the Largest Viewing Area?
Different product reviews will talk about a variety of brands providing welding helmets with the largest viewing areas. So, you can look for those reviews on the internet, and choose a brand, which is suitable for your professional needs, as well as, which fits your budget very well.
Some of the suggested brands in this regard are Lincoln Electric Helmets, Esab SENTINEL Helmets, Miller Electric Mfg. Co, the Yes welder Welding Helmets, and TACKLIFE Welding Helmet, etc.
After completing this review for the best budget welding helmet, it can be concluded that the market is full of options to choose for the best budget helmets. There are certain elements to keep in mind while looking for the best budget welding helmet.
Money may not be the point of focus for many; rather they will always look for quality.
On the other hand, some others may look to save money by looking for affordable choices. We have given a review of three affordable and good quality products, which you can consider buying.
We have also provided a list of three low-end pricing helmets if you don’t have enough money in your budget.
So, it is your choice to purchase any of these, but we recommended that you should focus on the quality and safety of these helmets more than the budget part because your safety is the most critical thing in welding projects.