If you are looking for full brim hard hats that are not only ultra-strong but also super comfortable, then you should try the kevlar hard hat. This hard hat features modern technology that makes it ideal for industrial and construction use. kevlar hard hats in general. Keep reading.
These hats come with Para amid synthetic fiber, which is the reason for their super-strong body. DAX Hard Hat, for example, is made with aerospace-grade carbon fiber and Kevlar. Kevlar ensures that the hat’s safety isn’t compromised; why?
Because Kevlar can handle bullets and doesn’t burn or melt, thus preventing you or your employees from falling objects while on a construction site. We also have a detailed review of hard hat safety review in case if you want to check that out! and making sure that your carbon-kevlar hard hat.
Lift Safety HDF-15NG DAX Hard Hat is the perfect choice for you if you are working in construction. But what really makes it this good? And what are the unique features that make it an unmatched choice?
That said; let’s have a look at this the comfortable kevlar hard hat of 2021.
Lift Safety DAX Hard Hat Product Review
Comfort, durability, and sturdy hat designs are some of the quality features that this hat is equipped with. This hat is full brim design; therefore, you are set to get unmatched impact protection as well as superior comfort.
All these are made possible by the fiber-reinforced resin, which improves both your comfort and protection.
With this hat, you can wear it for up to 10 hours without or with less discomfort thanks to its brim grip that provides a secure feel. Furthermore, the helmet is equipped with other quality features that enable the following:
Prevents sweat build-up
Provide a comfortable fit
Additional shock absorbers
Another thing that makes this type great is that it is a relatively light hard hat. This fiber-reinforced hardhat weighs an average of 415 grams, great, right? But hold on! This weight doesn’t include a suspension system.
So, overall its average weight is about 475 to 566 grams with suspension system included.
Each Dax hard hat is uniquely designed to provide a great experience. This is mainly because it features a hand laid fiber shell. This product is also a CSA standard design, and its durability may vary depending on the condition of each work site.
More importantly, all the DAX hard hats design meets the ANSI Z89.1-2014 requirements for TYPE 1 CLASS G.
- Brim Grip: This feature has been added to this hat in order to offer secure-fit feel.
- Resin Shell: For excellent impact protection, this hard hat comes with a fiber strengthened resin shell making it stronger.
- Clarino® Synthetic Leather Comfort Dome: The aim of this feature is to protect the top of your head in case hit by a falling object. This innovative design comes with EVA foam that provides an extra shock-absorbing guard.
- Fitment Dial: It is an oversized ratcheting feature designed to provide secure grip and size adjustment. This feature makes it easy for those of you who are wearing gloves at work. This hat can provide you with a secure, comfortable fit at all times thanks to its 6-point suspension system.
- Reinforced Crown: For DAX hard hats to provide you with superior impact protection, they usually feature triple-reinforced crowns. For ultimate comfort, the DAX hard hat is adorned with microfiber liner as well as moisture-absorbing foam that aids in reducing sweat build-up. This means you can wear it for a lengthy period without feeling uncomfortable.
- Its suspensions are easy enough to lock up on line
- A quality full brim that can prevent all sawdust and chips from going down your collar
- Super comfortable
- Some suspension might need replacement as early as six months. Otherwise, their suspensions are of super quality
- If not taken good care of one or more metal clips might start rusting
If you are not into DAX hard hat, you can check some of our other best hard hats reviews here. But before you do it first, you should know how to choose the best hard hat that fits you and your work. So here are some of the ways to do that.
Choosing the Right Kevlar Hard Hat
Health Administration and Occupational Safety demand that every employee working in a construction site should wear protective hard hats. But how do you choose the right hard hat that fits your job?
Remember, an electricity job may differ from a construction job, which means you will a different type and class of hard hats. To help with this, I will share with you some things to consider or to look for when choosing the best kevlar hard hat.
Type of Job: Kevlar Hard Hat
Your worksite is the first determinant of the type of best hard hart to choose. Furthermore, it helps you know which class of hard you should go for.
There are two types of hard hart;
Type 1: Provides partial coverage (top-of-helmet strikes only)
Type 2: Provides full coverage
Class is another factor used to classify hard hats based on the protection it offers against electrical hazards. There are three classes, namely Class G, Class E, and Class C.
Class G (General) Protects contacts of up to 2,200 volts
Class E (Electrical) Protects contacts of up to 20,000 volts
Class C (Conductive) Provides no protection
Most hard hats are made with high-density polyethylene (HDPE), which is alight material used in relatively safer jobs. But for those working in construction and electrical site, they are mostly going to use hard hats made with synthetic fiberglass.
Other helmets are made from carbon fiberglass; these helmets are considered more reliable and expensive than those made with plastics and fiberglass.
Select a Comfortable Fit Kevlar Hard Hat
The reality is if you are wearing a less comfortable hat, you might end up removing it several times while working. By doing this, you are exposing yourself to the dangers within your work site. But if you get a comfortable hat, it is more likely to stay on your head for an extensive period.
Select a Helmet That Offers a Personalized Fit
Having a hard hat that allows you to adjust for personalized fit can be an added tip for better comfort. Keep in mind that a poor fit hard hat will definitely spend more time on your locker, hanging on your waist, or even on the ground.
Select Lighter Hard Hat with all Accessories
Like a comfortable fit hard hat, a lighter hard hat will spend more time in your head since it is less cumbersome. If your work needs face or hearing protection, you better choose a hard hat with all those accessories.
A Final Note
Overall, choosing a type or class of hard hat that not only fits you comfortably but also fits your work is compulsory. Finding an ideal hard hat is necessary if you want to ensure you’re comfortable and safe in it.